Code of Conduct
A code of conduct is a set of rules around behaviour for everyone to follow within an organisation. The code acts as a standard that all staff and learners need to meet so that they can know what is expected of them to produce a generally more professional environment.
The code of conduct will cover teaching staff, learners and clients in terms of how we interact.
Beauty Therapy is an industry where personal presentation is vital. It has Health and Safety implications as well as meeting hygiene regulations and the industry’s Code of Conduct.
- Uniforms must be worn and laundered regularly by all teaching staff and learners
- Nails must be kept short and clean for treatments
- Unless you are on an artificial nail course – fingers must be free of nail extensions.
- Light day make up should be worn to promote your industry
- Closed in shoes with a flat or low heel must be worn to prevent trips and spillages onto feet.
- Hair must be kept away from the face and not touched during treatments.
- Jewelry is not permitted except a wedding band, fob watch or stud earrings.
- Good Personal hygiene must be maintained due to the close contact of our treatments.
Code of Practice
As well as the legislation and licensing laws there is a therapist’s code of conduct to be followed that gives a set of professional attributes to adhere to:
- You must attend your lessons or contact the school if you are going to be absent.
- Always be punctual
- Listen to others
- Silence mobile phones
- Do not interrupt clients or colleagues
- Appropriate language must be used at all times.
- Participate in class activities
- Respect everyone
- Maintain confidentiality with your clients and colleagues
- Always be polite to clients and visitors
- Always maintain a professional image, be clean, in uniform with hair tied away from the face, short manicured nails and a professional make up.
- No smoking on the Whitstable Beauty School premises
- Bullying or Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated and disciplinary action will be taken
- Recreational drink and drugs will not be tolerated and disciplinary action will be taken
- All Whitstable Beauty School policies must be adhere to in particular Health & Safety as our hygiene and safety procedures are there to protect all.
- E&D policy must be followed as we do not discriminate at Whitstable Beauty School.
At Whitstable Beauty School we believe in transparency so many of our policies are available to download from our website including Complaints Policy, Health and Safety policy, Safeguarding Policy, E&D policy, Appeals Policy, Whitstable Beauty School Code of Conduct and the GDPR policy
This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required.
Last reviewed: 13/01/21