Whitstable Beauty School views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person or organisation that has made the complaint.
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To make sure everyone at Whitstable Beauty School knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do
Definition of a Complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of Whitstable Beauty School.
Where Complaints Come From
Complaints may come from any person or organisation who has a legitimate interest in Whitstable Beauty School. A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, by email or in writing. This policy does not cover complaints from staff, who should use Whitstable Beauty School’s Discipline and Grievance policies.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to
know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with Director.
How to complain
If you have a complaint about our service, please contact us in order that we can investigate this using our complaints procedure. When making a complaint, please give us the following information if you have it:
- what the complaint is about;
- your full name and learner name if different;
- the qualification or unit title that you are studying;
- copies of any relevant supporting documents.
We promise to:
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint within two working days of receiving it;
- give you a full response within 5 working days. If this is not possible, we will let you know after 10 working days.
Written complaints may be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Verbal complaints may be made by telephone to 07851 996952 or in person to any of Whitstable Beauty School Staff.
This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required.
Last reviewed: 13/01/21
At Whitstable Beauty School we believe in transparency so many of our policies are available to download from our website including Complaints Policy, Health and Safety policy, Safeguarding Policy, E&D Policy, Appeals Procedure, Whitstable Beauty School Code of Conduct and the GDPR Policy.